Monday 31 January 2011

Jewel-Melody for Elizabeth

First published on the 25th of June 2010

I don't know why but I didn't start off liking you much. We weren't friends and I prefered Jokesman to you. But your love stayed strong, unyeilding,constant and I grew to know you, understand you and like you very much.

Many unfortunately don't have someone like you in their lives and it makes me wish I could share you so they could know just how wonderful it can feel.

You taught me that there's nothing too high for me to reach, too hard for me to fail (even maths!) and I thank you and even though I say it everytime to you when we talk, I just want to say again. I love you mum, thank you for everything.




Wura

The very bones of you
Yielded and moved to birth me.
The flesh of you tore and
Pumped blood, pus, water
On my clumsy eyes.
The tears of you, mingled with
My sweaty dark head and
You saw a miracle.

Wura

The bones of you
The flesh ripped from you
The very meat and blood of you
I love.

2 comments:

uzo dibia said...

Nice homage to your mum. Vivid
imagery. Very nice.

Dashen Viktor said...

This is beautiful on so many levels. The Imagery is just painful and beautiful at the same time. its wet, dark and powerful.