Tuesday 15 March 2011

Nevermind

March is the month of moving on. Its the time to get into things and live, so many poems that will be on this month will be in that trend. Wishing you progress as you go on.


Nevermind


You stare down into your glass

Willing your stubborn tears could

Flow down, mingle with your wine

Brand you by one assured name:

A fool. As you watch my back leave

Held gently by arms which could

Have been yours.



I’m not looking back

There’s nothing to see, I am

Nestling in the rest of him who

Put me first. Why soil such clean

Ecstasy with reminders of how

I had to stand further back in line

Of your life, while you lived rapturously

Assuming I would always be on stand by

However...



When I stared into my glass of gloom

Another wiped my tears, whispered in

My ears, pulled me away to a place where

I always come first.


I wonder why I waited around so long

What exactly was it I was hoping for?

Today we meet again, when you

Realised I had left that stagnant line and

You suddenly realised you could have

Been the one, I nestled close to

With your sodden eyes, I am

Not enticed. Hope you enjoy your wine.

2 comments:

Greg said...

Wao! This is something! I had wondered where you had gone as I didn't see new posts but I see you had just gone to write up more deep stuff. A bit cruel though and I don't think that's who you are. hmmmm

Pepperz said...

Ah Greg, thanks for watching out for me, its been a hectic month, so updating this has had to go into the back burner. Do forgive.

I really am not everything I write and not everything is about me! If it were my life would be too interesting, most likely would finish me off!

Though I think there is a mean streak in all of us, some of us just control it better. My friends say I'm pretty nice ( or maybe they're just scared!) lol

you take care Greg and happy reading