Wednesday 16 March 2011

Heartccident

First published on the 25th of February 2011, this was documenting the heartbreak after the love malarkey of Valentine. Its a painful thing to be heart broken, and its equally as bad to see someone going through it. You want to gather them in your arms and put them together, even if you saw the disaster coming and you had warned them. Well, here it is, sharing a shattered heart with a friend.


I heard your heart broke last night.

Its noise drew me. I’m here today

to hold tissues against your chest to

staunch the pain and failing miserably.


Rock, rock, rocking with disbelief


Your pain is palpable. Its echo hits

my skin, I shiver in sympathy.

What does one say to the broken hearted

that could possibly ease their pain?


Shake, shake, shaking with shock


It’s an ugly sight; its scar will be jagged

but, you and I will learn lessons,

you, by feeling and I by sight, to

never trust a heart to a laughing man.


Cry, cry, crying with pain


I heard your heart break and like in a multiple

collision, mine, hairline-cracked in response.

I am here holding your chest catching up

the pain, as in response, my heart pulses with grief.


Numb.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You write pain well, I'm not too sure that that's a good thing. Its dripping, ugly and wet. Well done

Greg said...

Nothing new yet Abi? Don't keep me waiting. This is so raw, this.
Reminds me of the song -where do broken hearts go?
Keep writing our lass, you're doing good x