Sunday 13 February 2011

When Love Comes

I'm using the term 'Love' here very loosly since I'm not a person who does PDA (Public Displays of Affection) well. I always want to slap people who just do all that kissy kissy stuff in public! Call me a prude, but I believe that love-(I think my last post settled what we call love, or rather what I call love) should be a private, beautiful thing, it should be graceful, gentle and tender, something people consider a priviledge to see. However, what do I know? Maybe I'll be one of those irritating women who coil around their men at every given opportunity, trying to stamp their lip imprint on him so that everyone would know, he belongs to her! I shudder at the thought.

First published on Thursday, 27 November 2008


If- More Sham Lyrics



I'm still going on the theory of what love might feel like, so here's another poem.

PS I'm working on the hate theory too, just must get the emotion right. Cheers!



Breathe


I am tucking my nose

into that indent your head

made on my pillow,

catching every scent of your skin.



Its wood, grass, wind, rain

mud. Fresh, clean, spicy.

How I adore your smell!



I inhale deep, wrap myself in

the towel you left, lie

half asleep, wondering if you

have your face tucked in

something of mine,

remembering.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Abi yur imageries strike very clearly oh so clearly...territories charted... Love felt...enjoyed...

I disagree on pda. I just love it. It can be frustrating when someone keeps dropping your fingers every time you try up clasp!

Pepperz said...

Dear Anon,

Many thanks for your comment. On PDA, believe me, it is not the simple holding of hands I quarrel with, its the full on,'we're the only ones in the world , so we'll treat this open space like our bedroom' show, that annoys me. Its not lovely, I rather find it ugly.