Wednesday 16 April 2008

Soetry

I've just started this new thing, (well really I've not just started) but its taking a hold of me now. You see there is a before and after to my life, Before, I was waiting, always waiting for something or someone to happen, for a bold person that many imagine that I am I was too timid and afraid of what life would turn into if I grabbed it the horns and rode it. So I waited, for the time when something would make me come alive and live. then, I had my After, I had major surgery and I realised that for over 5 hours I laid on an operating table oblivious to what surrounded me, but those hours shaped my life, in fact they reshaped and redefined me, so I'm taking those horns and I'm riding!
Soetry is one of the ways, this is where I mix up poetry and music together to get my own vibe. I had been doing this on the sly but I got the studio brought to my house (the pain still restricts you see) spoke to a friend and he's helping me out now and also putting together my work, spoke to another friend about that and things are on track. I'm half way through and this year, my book's coming out!
I'm dropping it like its hot! I'm living, loving, kissing (yeah you heard me!) kissing HARD!!!
So I share the first lines of my awakening

Sanity

I wish you could read my mind
Find disturbances, grievances, fears
My smile is larger than my joy
My joy is small, if any at all
My mind is a book, lost dusty, rude

I wish you could live my dream
Discover horror, pain, grief
My laughter is louder than my pleasure
My pleasure is small, if any at all
My dream is a nightmare, lonely, scary, unknown

I wish you for a little while
My mind, my dream
Understand this, you are not my enemy
I just need you to know and
Be aware of me.

PS: I have been watching a lot of Tyler Perry this weekend and I tell you that man is a blessing! Watching his plays and films especially any that has Madea in it is an amazing but uplifting experience. God bless and stay in a peaceful storm

No comments: