Monday 18 June 2012

The Inequality of Borders

I am asking myself the question; 'What the hell am I doing here'? In the past months, I have found out that in this world I live in: money is King, degrees don't matter, talent does,crime pays and authorities don't like honesty.
I am so frustrated that the world is so corrupt and bad is good and good is just plain stupid, not being savvy. I am tired, disillusioned and hurt. Tears keep springing up in my eyes but I refuse to let them fall, for they will fall uselessly and then what will be the point. Tears never woke up the dead now do they?

Sight


Do you see me?

I stand clothed in perceived invincibility.

Waiting for prejudiced eyes to fix on me.

I became a virus.

Invading cultures of passing time.

Blinkered, your stench refusal permeates,

leaving an ugly dark stain on

the conscience of the young.

My question remains-

Do you see me?

I became a vision.

Igniting songs, passions, love-

seeking a new fellowship of unions,

forged far away from race, colour, gender, creed.

You stared past me,

resolute in your darkness, even

as many voices joined mine to ask-

Do you see me?

I became a truth.

Staring down lies of a thousand convictions,

revealing that beneath all that skin,

was genotyped blood, flowing

red and all the scales tipped

in the direction of the one

true question-

Do you see me?

I became life itself.

The air, the force,

the being, the question

the meaning, forty-two

all of creation waited bated as

I asked one more time-

Do you see me?

The changing winds whisper ‘in vain’.

Resolution glints in my eye

I stand, in wait as

My heart thunders. Waiting.

The truth clear,

you are blind, deaf but

you are not absolved.


I am still frustrated and angry. There is an unholy rage burning inside me and I pray God to quench it out for only Him can do this, only Him has the water to soothe and calm my soul. I pray God...

























































































1 comment:

akinsoke said...

Sis...I am with you...just that my heart is like mashed beans...struggling to believe...and struggling to be realistic...I am with you...but i am not. Sure you understand my confusion...i am not with you but i want to be!